Goats are an environmentally friendly and safe way to control weeds:
- A goat will eat everything in sight, and they do it all the time. They can eat about everything and chew so thoroughly that they don’t pass the weed’s seed through their systems.
- Goats feet till the soil enough to get oxygen and water down to the roots of the plants that you desire to grow.
- Goats will also fertilize the ground for you. All of those weeds they eat are turned into fertilizer for the plants you do want to grow.
- What they don’t eat is turned into mulch that helps the ground hold the moisture.
- Goats will only clip the grass, so grass will get a running start on the weeds.
D’Goat Ranch helped clear weed from Willards Bay and was featured in the newspaper:
Goats have been successfully used for the biological control of abandoned farmland pastures invaded by herbaceous weeds, vines, multiflora rose bushes and hardwood saplings.- http://bit.ly/1choVmn
Managed defoliation with goats results in a substantial increase in vegetative cover by favorable grass and legume species while reducing or eliminating unwanted shrub species.- http://bit.ly/1choVmn